Tobermore Concrete Ltd is committed to keeping your information secure and private. We want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is 2 Lisnamuck Road, Tobermore, Co Londonderry, BT45 5QF, our registration number is 28226313 and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the above address.
The vast majority of information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself when you seek to use our services. We will tell you why we need the information we have and how we will use it.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so. The Lawful Basis identified in the GDPR are:
- Consent of the data subject.
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person.
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of legitimate interests include:
- Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller.
- Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes;
- Processing necessary information to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access;
- Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud; and
- Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security.
Our Lawful Basis is the performance of a contract with the data subject and our legitimate interests are where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller and for direct marketing purposes.
We use your information to:
- Provide goods, services, deliveries, quotations and information for example emails about new products, brochures.
- Process or support payments for goods and services.
- Conduct data analysis, testing and research and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
- Maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services.
- Direct your queries to the appropriate customer support staff including third parties such as landscape designers and hauliers.
- Investigate and address your concerns.
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates, and career opportunities/events.
- Process promotions/competitions, including prizes and send you information about our services and those of our business partners.
- Investigate or address legal proceedings relating to your use of our services/products or as other allowed by applicable law.
- Make statutory returns as required by HRMC.
- To identify your identity and make credit checks. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies and government agencies may access and use this information also. We and other organisation may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money-laundering for example when managing credit related accounts or facilities, checking details of job applicants and employees.
- When you request us to disclose your data to other people or organisations such as a company carrying out work for you with our products. You have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent for doing this.
- Provide design options and photography of properties provided may be used in marketing materials.
Where any part of our processing includes automated decision making, we ensure that the proposed decisions are reviewed by a member of staff before being applied. You will always be able to get an explanation for the decision and to challenge it if you are unhappy with it.
We collect and process both personal data and special categories of personal data as defined by GDPR. This includes:
Payment or bank details
Payment or bank details
Date of birth
Family/next of kin details
We may share your personal data with;
- Delivery partners such as landscapes architects, engineers, hauliers, paving contractors.
- Our legal advisors in the event of a dispute or other legal matter.
- Law enforcement officials, government authorities or any other third parties to meet our legal obligation)
- In connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of the company (assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, refinancing or acquisition of some or all of our business by another company.
- Any other party where we ask you and you consent to the sharing.
TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRIES OR INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS
We do not transfer any data to third countries or international organisations.
We retain your personal data while you remain a customer/employee of the business, unless you ask to delete it. Our Retention and Disposal Policy (copy available on request) details how long we hold data for and how we dispose of it when it no longer needs to be held. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
- There is an unresolved issue, such as a claim or dispute;
- We are legally required to; or
- There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers safety and security.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop sending you direct mail, or emails, or in some circumstances ask you to stop processing your details. Finally, if we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you can seek compensation for any distress you are caused or loss you have incurred. You can find out more at the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/forthepublic/personalinformation and this is the organisation that you can complain to if you are unhappy with how we deal with you.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting us at:
Tobermore Concrete Ltd, 2 Lisnamuck Road, Tobermore, Co Londonderry, BT45 5QF.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have the option to opt out of receiving further marketing promotions by opting out at any time.
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from our organisation by emailing GDPROPTOUT@tobermore.co.uk or unsubscribing directly using the unsubscribe link on promotional emails.
Please be aware that should you opt out, we will hold your name and contact details on a system to enable us to comply with your request and not contact you again.
- Validate users
- Remember user preferences and settings
- Determine frequency of accessing our content.
- Ensure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyse site visits and trends