An EPD is created in five stages:
- Data is collected, including raw material, resource consumption and waste data for each product.
- A lifecycle assessment is conducted.
- Background information is collected for the report, giving details about the methodology used for the assessment, any assumptions made and the standards that have been adhered to.
- Third-party verification is carried out by an independent verifier, to ensure impartiality, reliability and accuracy.
- The EPD is published into the public domain.
Tobermore EPDs can be viewed and downloaded here.