Before you can get your dream outdoor project underway you will need to measure your site. This is an important step which must be done accurately as it will help your Landscape Designer create your project.
- It’s best if you have someone to help with this as it will be much easier to take measurements of your garden with a second person.
- You will need to measure the outline of our property and plot it on a page. It is preferable to use graph paper (link). Measure all the walls of your property and detail the measurements on the drawing. Mark any entrances or doors on the drawing.
- Next you will need to measure the outline site boundary of your house and mark the measurements on the drawing. Highlight any entrances or gates.
- Let us know about any features, outbuildings or services which need to be considered in your garden plan, e.g. garden sheds, oil tank, manholes/septic tank etc. Mark the location of these on the drawing.
- Please remember to note all measurements in metres on your plan.
For more information on ‘How to measure your site’, check out our video: