Lough Fea Quarry
Negotiable depending on experience
Friday 26th April 2019
We are searching for a Quarry Operatives to work at our award winning Lough Fea Quarry.
Recognised as ‘Quarry of the Year 2018’, the successful candidate will be a key team player and assist the Quarry team, by using attained knowledge and skills to produce Company goods.
Day and Evening shift patterns are available.
• Carry out tasks as required and deemed within your competence by immediate Supervisor.
• Ensure all work is completed to specified Quality, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Maintain safe working conditions and promptly bring to the attention of immediate Supervisor any work related problems or hazard requiring attention.
• Carry out basic adjustments and routine maintenance on machine on completion of training and as deemed competent by supervisor / manager.
• Inform Maintenance Management of any additional maintenance required or machine problems immediately.
• Observe safety requirements when driving company vehicles / operating machinery. (NB. Only trained and licensed operators may operate company vehicles)
• Accurately complete paperwork and observe checklists as required.
• Treat with care, attention and respect all items of Company property, e.g. protective clothing and equipment, machinery, tools and materials.
• Ensure machines are locked out, isolated and props in place before cleaning or routine maintenance commences.
• Observe all Company regulations regarding Health and Safety at Work and Environmental Policies as detailed in the Health and Safety Handbook and Company handbook including sickness absence, time keeping etc.
• Operate machines within necessary safety guidelines and follow procedures in place relevant to the department assigned to including specific hazard training for the job being done.
• Communicate any problems, uncertainties or training issues to relevant supervisor / manager immediately.
• Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, efficient and safe manner at all times.
• Actively participate in Continuous Improvement meetings or Safety meetings as required.
• Any other duties as required and as deemed within your competence.
• Very well organised person.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Great communication skills.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Ambitious and keen to succeed and progress.
• Team player.
• Positive outlook.
• Outgoing personality.
• Good at paperwork.
• 5 GCSE including English & Maths A – C.
• Knowledge of the quarry/concrete industry.
• Full and clean driving licence.
For the successful candidate, we offer a host of rewards and benefits to enjoy including;
• Competitive salaries.
• Being part of an Award Winning Company – ‘One to Watch’ for Successful Workplace Engagement, won the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Business Excellence Award.
• Bonus Rates Available.
• 30 Days Annual Leave.
• Payroll Giving Employer.
• Staff pension scheme and employer contributions.
• Long term career prospects within a growing and financially stable family business.
• First class working environment.
• Length of Service Awards.
• Structured induction and probation period.
• Participation in charity fundraising events.
• Very strong emphasis on training.
• Excellent workplace culture and team approach.
• Car parking for all staff.
Completed applications must be received before the closing date on Friday 26th April 2019 @ 5pm.
Tobermore has introduced the use of ‘Waiting Lists’ as part of its approach to managing recruitment in a strategic manner. This ensures we have ongoing availability of applicants deemed suitable for a post as the need within our business arises. Please read our Waiting List information sheet for full information.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Following receipt of your application the assessment and selection process will take place in four stages;
Stage 1 – Shortlist
Stage 2 – 1st stage interview
Stage 3 – Final Interview and Assessment
Stage 4 – References