Lough Fea Quarry
Attractive Rates Available
Friday 15th March 2019
We are searching for a Quarry Operative to work at our award winning Lough Fea Quarry.
Recognised as ‘Quarry of the Year 2018’, the successful candidate will be a key team player and assist the Quarry team, by using attained knowledge and skills to produce Company goods.
This is an evening shift position, hours to be discussed and confirmed.
• Carry out tasks as required and deemed within your competence by immediate Supervisor.
• Ensure all work is completed to specified Quality, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Maintain safe working conditions and promptly bring to the attention of immediate Supervisor any work related problems or hazard requiring attention.
• Carry out basic adjustments and routine maintenance on machine on completion of training and as deemed competent by supervisor / manager.
• Inform Maintenance Management of any additional maintenance required or machine problems immediately.
• Observe safety requirements when driving company vehicles / operating machinery. (NB. Only trained and licensed operators may operate company vehicles)
• Accurately complete paperwork and observe checklists as required.
• Treat with care, attention and respect all items of Company property, e.g. protective clothing and equipment, machinery, tools and materials.
• Ensure machines are locked out, isolated and props in place before cleaning or routine maintenance commences.
• Observe all Company regulations regarding Health and Safety at Work and Environmental Policies as detailed in the Health and Safety Handbook and Company handbook including sickness absence, time keeping etc.
• Operate machines within necessary safety guidelines and follow procedures in place relevant to the department assigned to including specific hazard training for the job being done.
• Communicate any problems, uncertainties or training issues to relevant supervisor / manager immediately.
• Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, efficient and safe manner at all times.
• Actively participate in Continuous Improvement meetings or Safety meetings as required.
• Any other duties as required and as deemed within your competence.
• Very well organised person.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Great communication skills.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Ambitious and keen to succeed and progress.
• Team player.
• Positive outlook.
• Outgoing personality.
• Good at paperwork.
• 5 GCSE including English & Maths A – C.
• Knowledge of the quarry/concrete industry.
• Full and clean driving licence.
For the successful candidate, we offer a host of rewards and benefits to enjoy including;
• Competitive salaries.
• Being part of an Award Winning Company – ‘One to Watch’ for Successful Workplace Engagement, won the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Business Excellence Award.
• Bonus Rates Available.
• 30 Days Annual Leave.
• Payroll Giving Employer.
• Staff pension scheme and employer contributions.
• Long term career prospects within a growing and financially stable family business.
• First class working environment.
• Length of Service Awards.
• Structured induction and probation period.
• Participation in charity fundraising events.
• Very strong emphasis on training.
• Excellent workplace culture and team approach.
• Car parking for all staff.
Completed applications must be received before the closing date on Friday 8th March 2019 @ 5pm
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Following receipt of your application the assessment and selection process will take place in four stages;
Stage 1 – Shortlist
Stage 2 – 1st stage interview
Stage 3 – Final Interview and Assessment
Stage 4 – References