Scotland and North of England
Negotiable depending on experience.
Friday 22nd February 2019
You will be joining a highly successful business with world class products and the ambition to become a UK market leader. If this sounds like the type of career opportunity you are looking for and you can meet our criteria we would love to hear from you!
The outline of the role is to promote all Tobermore products and services to our targeted customer groups whilst also helping to secure orders. The successful candidate will also be providing support to the commercial & specification executives to ensure we turn our specifications into orders.
• Secure orders for Tobermore products at agreed prices via Tobermore head office directly with main contractors and via appointed ground workers associated with main contractor projects.
• Hold confirmed head office & regional office meetings project specific.
• Develop regional main contractor relationships at all levels these include: Procurement Directors & Procurement Managers, Commercial Directors, Supply Chain Managers, Design Managers, Technical Teams, Bid Team Managers & Regional Procurement Buying Teams.
• Management of customer pipelines in conjunction with Business Development.
• Provide main contractor monthly updates on sales direct & indirect spend.
• Developing main contractor marketing material in conjunction with marketing dept.
• Manage project opportunities that have been created and ensure we have all the correct information so that we can secure the orders and achieve the targets set.
• Develop new and relevant opportunities to ensure our pipeline of projects is at a level that will ensure we achieve your individual and regional objectives.
• Follow up on all project opportunities and customer requirements within the timeframes required.
• Attend sales review meetings to discuss performance against objectives set.
• Attend regional sales team meetings to support the team objectives and play an active role in these meetings.
• Work with the regional sales team and head office staff who provide support to you in this role.
• Actively work on your target list of customers and ensure we are meeting those that can provide us with the most orders.
• Develop strong customer relationships to enable you to gain repeat orders.
• Ensure we receive a pipeline of site details from all main contractors.
• Use our added value services such as the design services to help gain more orders.
• Actively plan your diary in accordance with company procedures.
• Use hospitality as per company procedure to build and maintain relationships.
• Attend appropriate networking events to build your contact database and enable you to follow up and secure one to one meetings.
• Record all customer and notes as per company procedure.
• Develop an in depth knowledge of all Tobermore products and services in order to meet customer requirements and achieve effective sales outcomes.
• Maintain CRM system as per procedures.
• Use LinkedIn to identify customers and increase Tobermore brand awareness.
• Communicate professionally at all times with customers.
• All of this will be focused on the region and customers that have been allocated and agreed with you via the sales review process.
• You will be required to travel throughout the designated region with frequent overnights away from home.
• Any other duties as required.
• 5 GCSE’s including English & Maths A-C
• 6+ months of customer service experience
• Excellent presenting skills at Director level
• Ability to hold senior business reviews and assess opportunities
• Well Presented
• Manage through influence
• Team Player
• Hard Working
• High Social Skills
• Relationship Builder
• Independent thinker
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Confidence to work independently or as a team
• Very well organised
• Adaptable to change
• Rejection Handling
• Strategic Thinker
• Positive Outlook
• Full and clean driving license
• Living location close to area that they will be covering
• A Levels / Degree – Business Related
• Professional Sales Qualification
• Sales, Customer Service Experience
• Face- to face selling
• Presenting Experience
• Previous experience managing National Accounts
• Construction Industry knowledge
• Regional awareness
• Tele marketing
• CRM experience
Please refer to our applicant booklet for full details on this role.
Closing date is Friday 22nd February 2019 @ 5pm.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Following receipt of your application the assessment and selection process will take place in four stages;
Stage 1 – Shortlist
Stage 2 – 1st stage interview
Stage 3 – Final Interview and Assessment
Stage 4 – References