Midlands - Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Northants, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire.
Negotiable depending on experience.
Tuesday 5th March 2019
Secure orders for Tobermore products by meeting and influencing targeted customer groups; whilst providing support to the specification executives to ensure we turn our specifications into orders.
You will be joining a highly successful business with world class products and the ambition to become a UK market leader. If this sounds like the type of career opportunity you are looking for and you can meet our criteria we would love to hear from you!
Duties will include:
• Secure orders for Tobermore products at agreed prices via Tobermore head office.
• Target specific meetings with the following customer types :
– Main Contractors (both regional and national based in your designated area of work and as agreed via sales review meetings).
– Ground workers (as agreed via sales review meetings).
– Specialist Contractors (example Roofing Contractors)
• Manage project opportunities that you have created and ensure we have all the correct information so that we can secure the orders and achieve the targets set.
• Develop new and relevant commercial opportunities to ensure our pipeline of projects is at a level that will ensure we achieve your individual and regional objectives.
• Follow up on all project opportunities and customer requirements within the timeframes required.
• Attend sales review meetings to discuss performance against objectives set.
• Attend regional sales team meetings to support the team objectives and play an active role in these meetings.
• Work with the regional sales team and head office staff who provides support to you in this role.
• Develop your target list of customers and ensure we are meeting those that can provide us with the most profitable orders.
• Develop strong customer relationships to enable you to gain repeat orders.
• Use our added value services such as the design services to help gain more orders.
• Actively plan your diary in accordance to company procedures.
• Use hospitality as per company procedure to build and maintain relationships.
• Attend appropriate networking events to build your contact database and enable you to follow up and secure one to one meetings.
• Record all customers’ interactions and notes as per company procedure.
• Learn all the products and services that Tobermore can provide.
• Maintain CRM system as per procedures.
• Use LinkedIn to identify customers and increase Tobermore brand awareness.
• Communicate professionally at all times with customers and as per company training provided.
• Any other duties as required.
Please note the word ‘manager’ is reflective of your role in managing your commercial opportunities and specific customer relationships in your designated region – it does not constitute managing other staff.
• 5 GCSES’S A-C to include English and Maths
• Sourcing project specific appointments and following these through to secure the order
• External sales experience
• Business Development Experience
• Negotiation skills
• Team Player
• Hard working
• High social skills
• Relationship builder
• Independent thinker
• Excellent communication skills
• Confidence to work independently or as part of a team
• Very well organised
• Adaptable to change
• Rejection handling
• Strategic thinker
• Positive outlook
• Well presented
• Full and clean driving licence
• Living close to the area you will be covering
• A Levels / Degree – Business Related
• Sales, Customer Service Experience
• Face- to face selling
• Presenting Experience
• Construction Industry knowledge
• Regional awareness
• Tele marketing
• CRM experience
• Work for Award Winning and Market Leading Company
• Opportunity to attain challenging and rewarding career
• Extensive training package
• Opportunity to progress into senior position
• Represent ‘One to Watch’ accredited business
• Salary Negotiable depending on experience
• Company Credit Card
• iPad, Mobile and Laptop
• Company car and Fuel card
• £30 Monthly Internet Allowance
• Bonus Structure Available after first year
Closing date is Tuesday 5th March 2019 @ 5pm.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Following receipt of your application the assessment and selection process will take place in four stages;
Stage 1 – Shortlist
Stage 2 – 1st stage interview
Stage 3 – Final Interview and Assessment
Stage 4 – References