Find a Paving Contractor
Choosing a paving contractor is an important decision. Listed below are some questions you should ask. You should take the answers into account in order to make the best informed decision.
- First ask the contractor how long he has been doing this kind of work.
- Ask him to give you names of customers for whom he has carried out similar work. Do not simply take their names. Call these people to check their level of satisfaction or, better still, go and see the work that was done.
- Make sure that you understand the installation plan well, and ask for pictures as well as samples of products, in the colours of your choice.
- Ask him for a written agreement, before commencing work. The agreement should include a detailed description of the proposed work and schedule for executing it.
- Ask the contractor to give you a written guarantee for the quality of his work.
- Ask if they have full Public and Employer Liability Insurance.
- Book your paving contractor well in advance, as there can be a lead in time of 2-3 months for this skilled service.
Whilst Tobermore takes reasonable steps to vet paving contractors prior to including them on its list of approved paving contractors, Tobermore does not make or give any representation or warranty as to the work carried out by any of its approved paving contractors, nor does it accept any liability for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a result of the act or omission of any of its approved paving contractors.