BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Check out our Tobermore’s fun-filled festive video enjoyed by all staff by clicking here
Tobermore Concrete Products is a leading paving and walling manufacturer in UK & Ireland. We are a European Quality Award winning company (2007) and UK Business Excellence Award winners (2005). We are also an acredited ISO14001 and ISO9001 company.
You will be joining an exciting, fast growing, innovative company which prides itself on delivering the very best solution to their customers. You will be joining at a time of real progression, and this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading manufacturing companies.
Positions currently available
JOB TITLE: Machine/Production Operative
LOCATION: Tobermore, 2 Lisnamuck Road, Tobermore, BT45 5QF
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of the concrete industry would be an advantage but not essential.
QUALIFICATIONS: Full training will be provided.
REQUIRED SKILLS: The ideal applicant will be a self-motivated, hardworking and demonstrate good initiative.
Tobermore is an award winning company and one of the leading suppliers of quality paving and walling products to both the private and commercial markets. Due to the continuing increase in business, we now wish to appoint full-time machine/production operative to join our production team.
1. Carry out tasks as required and deemed within your competence by immediate Supervisor.
2. Ensure all work is completed to specified quality and safety standards.
3. Maintain safe working conditions and promptly bring to the attention of immediate Supervisor any work related problems or hazard requiring attention.
4. Operate machines within necessary safety guidelines.
5. Manufacture products to required quality specifications.
6. Carry out basic adjustments and routine maintenance on machine on completion of training and as deemed competent by supervisor / manager.
7. Inform Maintenance team of any additional maintenance required or problems with machines immediately.
8. Observe Fork Lift Truck safety requirements when driving. (NB. Only trained and licensed operators may operate FLT – Full training provided)
9. Accurately complete and observe checklists as required.
10. Treat with care, attention and respect all items of Company property, e.g. protective clothing and equipment, machinery, tools and raw materials.
11. Observe all Company regulations regarding Health and Safety at Work, sickness absence, time keeping etc.
12. Adhere to specific rules / standard relevant to the department assigned to.
13. Communicate any problems, uncertainties or training issues to relevant supervisor / manager immediately.
14. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement meetings.
15. Any other duties as required and as deemed within your competence.
Hours of work, hourly rate of pay and bonuses will be discussed at interview stage.
The job will require the applicant to be flexible and be able to work the occasional evening or Saturday.
All candidates MUST complete our application form which can be obtained by clicking 'HERE' to download the form or ring: 02879642411 to request for an application form to be posted.
You can also email: [email protected] request for the application form to be emailed.
All completed applications MUST be received before 5.00pm on Monday 5th of June 2017 by forward by email to [email protected] or posting the completed application form to: Tobermore Concrete, 2 Lisnamuck Road, Tobermore, BT45 5QF. CV’s are not accepted.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
JOB TITLE: Internal Sales Executive
REPORTS TO: Paving Centre Manager
LOCATION: Tobermore Paving & Walling Centre, Dublin Office, Blakes Cross, Lusk
Due to our commitment to sales growth, we now wish to appoint a full-time Internal Sales Executive to join our team based in our Dublin Office, Blakes Cross, Lusk. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual to enhance and develop their skills with an award winning company.
Duties will include:
- Provide daily support to sales executives & paving centre team members
- Interact with customers face to face who visit the paving centre to secure sales of paving products
- Handle inbound and outbound calls
- Provide and follow up on customer quotations
- Identify new business opportunities by scrutinizing planning leads
- Contacting perspective customers to generate leads
- Setup meetings for external sales executives
- Maintain CRM system
- Operate a computerised order entry system
- Calculate material required from landscape design plans
- Assist with other sales duties as required.
- Previous sales or customer service experience preferred; however, full training will be provided
- Will be well organised, systematic and someone who enjoys the challenge of sales
- Have excellent telephone manner with objection handling skills
- Be a team player
- Be competent in Mathematics
- Be enthusiastic, confident and have a desire to succeed
- Be persuasive and engaging
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Third level qualification preferred
Salary negotiable and is further enhanced after 12 months service with a generous profit related bonus scheme
Permanent Full Time: 40 Hours per week 9.00am to 5.30pm
Saturday and Bank Holiday cover is required on a rota basis
For further information, download the Internal Sales Executive information pack by clicking 'HERE'
All candidates MUST complete our application form which can be obtained by clicking 'HERE' to download the form or you can also email: [email protected] to request for the application form to be emailed.
Completed application forms must be received before Wednesday 7th of June 2017 at 5.00pm
We are an equal opportunities employer.
JOB TITLE: Merchant Sales Executive (North East England)
REPORTS TO: National Merchant Manager
LOCATION: North East England (Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Durham & Cleveland)
Due to our commitment to sales growth, we now wish to appoint a full-time Merchant Sales Executive in North East England to help support the existing North East Sales Team. As an organisation that rewards success and high performance, this opportunity will suit someone who wants to join a successful, progressive manufacturer, with a winning culture, and make a real difference.
The role requires providing support to regional stockists by helping them grow sales of Tobermore products via paving contractors, house builders and any other appropriate
customers that purchase through them. Support will also be provided by:
- Ensuring stockists keep the correct items in stock,
- Ensure stockists staff are well trained and well aware of the USP’s Tobermore products can offer
- Ensure stockists displays are appropriate for what they stock and sell (also ensure the displays are kept clean, tidy and professional looking at all times),
- Ensure Tobermore brochure and marketing materials are well stocked in branches,
- Encourage merchant sales team’s to proactively target new customers and visit through joint call days.
- Actively target new stockists for the region in line with strategy agreed.
- Provide support to regional approved paving contractors by helping them to promote themselves and the Tobermore USP’s effectively.
- Actively target new paving contractors to come onto the Tobermore approved scheme.
- Assess new paving contractors as per the approved paving contractor scheme.
- Secure orders for Tobermore products at agreed prices via Tobermore head office.
- Follow up on all project opportunities and customer requirements within the timeframes required.
- Attend sales review meetings to discuss performance against objectives set.
- Attend regional sales team meetings to support team objectives.
- Work with the regional sales team and head office staff who provide support to you in this role.
- Actively work on your target list of customers and ensure we are meeting those that can provide us with the most orders.
- Develop strong customer relationships to enable you to gain repeat orders.
- Use our added value services such as the design services to help gain more orders.
- Actively plan your diary in accordance to company procedures.
- Use hospitality as per company procedure to build and maintain relationships.
- Attend appropriate networking events to build your contact database and enable you to follow up and secure one to one meetings.
- Maintain CRM system as per procedures.
- Use LinkedIn to identify customers and increase Tobermore brand awareness.
- Learn all the products and services that Tobermore can provide.
The personal qualities:
- Team player
- Hard working
- People person
- Relationship builder
- Independent thinker
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to work independently or as a team
- Have a background in sales within the construction industry working with National and Independent merchants
- Strong track record in generating and delivering new business initiatives
- It is vital that you are able to communicate and liaise with a diverse customer base
- Be able to maintain and leverage relationships with key clients
- Have strong time management skills, and be well organised
- Have the desire and will to succeed and add value to the company
- Be a team player and work well within a team environment, and enjoy the challenge of pro-active selling
- Be suitability located within the North East region (Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Durham & Cleveland
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, forward a copy of your CV to [email protected]